The entity responsible for data collection is Kober-Kümmerly + Frey Media AG, Rolandstr. 83, 50677 Cologne, Germany, represented by Managing Director Tim Kober.
We comply with data protection regulations and take our obligation to protect your personal data seriously. All customer data is saved and processed in accordance with the applicable requirements of the German Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz – BDSG) and the German Telemedia Act (Telemediengesetz – TMG).
(1) The company automatically collects and saves log file information transmitted to us by your browser on its server. That includes:
The data cannot be linked to specific individuals by employees of our company, is not combined with data from other sources and is deleted immediately after statistical evaluation.
(2) Personal data is only collected when the user provides it in the scope of an initial registration, when ordering paid map material, or voluntarily when they contact us independently of an order.
(1) When you first register you agree that we will save the email address provided and open a customer account.
We do not collect any further personal data when you download a free map preview.
(2) We only require further information from you and the map user (if different) when a contract for a download of paid map material is concluded.
When you select paid map material, you therefore agree to us saving the data entered in the fields „Invoice address“ and „Map user, if different“ (last name, first name, address and, if provided voluntarily, telephone number), and using it for the purpose of contract processing.
(3) Without explicit permission to the contrary, we only use the data provided for the fulfilment and processing of your order. We also retain the data after the complete execution of the contract and full payment of the purchase price to allow you to make further purchases using the saved information. We delete saved data regarding a purchase after the retention period required by tax and commercial law. That does not affect your basic data.
(4) When a payment is made using PayPal, the following applies: By submitting an order with the payment type „PayPal“ you agree to the transmission of your email address, name, address and the amount payable to PayPal to start the payment process. Information regarding the use of that data by PayPal is included in PayPal’s terms and conditions, which can be accessed via this “link”.
(1) You have the right to disclosure of your personal data, its origin and recipient, the authorisation, suspension or deletion of data, the revocation of consent, and information regarding the purpose of data processing, at any time and free of charge.
(2) If you want to amend your data, you can do so at any time via the customer login.
(3) You may object to the use of your personal data and revoke previous consent at any time. To do so, please send us a message via firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post or fax..
We implement all technical and organisational security measures necessary to protect your personal data from loss and misuse. That includes saving your data in a secure system environment that is not accessible to the public.
If you want to contact us by email, please note that we cannot guarantee the confidentiality of the information sent. The content of emails can be seen by third parties. We therefore recommend that confidential information is only sent by post.
Our website uses MATOMO (formerly Piwik), an open-source software package for the statistical evaluation of user behaviour. MATOMO creates detailed statistics about visitors to a website. The MATOMO analysis software records and saves information about the search engine, search terms and language you use, the location of visitors by country, the browser and plug-ins used, referrers, viewing times, a visitor’s landing and exit page, bounce rates and the length of a visit to our website. That data is only used to analyse the number of visitors.
MATOMO uses so-called COOKIES, text files that are saved to your computer to allow analysis of your website usage. The information created about your use of this online offering is saved to our server in the Federal Republic of Germany. The IP address is anonymised using the plug-in AnonymizeIP immediately after processing and before it is saved.
MATOMO uses a heuristic method to attempt to identify returning visitors by taking certain data into account. It includes, in particular, the IP address, the screen resolution, the browser, the plug-ins used and the operating system. This data is combined to generate a hash value. The aim of the heuristic method is to identify returning visitors even if no COOKIES are saved to their computer.
The heuristic method uses the full IP address internally. However, the IP address is not processed and saved in isolation. In this process, the IP address is also not used to analyse user behaviour. Instead it is solely used to generate a pseudonym. The IP address is combined with the other data in a hash value.
You can prevent a COOKIE being saved by changing your browser’s software settings. However, please note that, in such cases, you may not be able to fully use all the website’s functions.
If you do not agree to the saving and analysis of information about your visit, you can object by clicking below at any time. That will save a so-called OPT-OUT-COOKIE to your browser, which will prevent MATOMO from recording any session data. However, if you delete your COOKIES then the OPT-OUT-COOKIE will also be deleted and must be reactivated, if required.
The following check box allows you to determine whether your browser is allowed to save a unique web analysis COOKIE for the anonymised recording of your visit for statistical purposes, or to indicate that we should not record any session data about your visits: